Not sure if people noticed but I'm phasing in a new way of formatting my blogs. I think this way readers can make skim reading and navigation even more easier. Enjoy!
Pokemon X and Y
Holy crap I haven't been impressed/excited by a Pokemon game in a long time. What stands out is the fact that there pretty much isn't any 2D sprites both in battles or free roaming. Perhaps the only thing that could kill it for me is if the new Pokemon designs were crap like the ones in Black and White. That was pretty much the reason why I never opted for it. The starters look decent but not awesome. I actually have no idea who to start with, since they all look like viable choices (including grass muahaha). I'll probably cheat and see what they look like when they're fully evolved. However what caught my eye was the legendary Pokemon Yveltal (ee-vel-tall) which looks totally awesome. I like it much better than the other one Xerneas which looks like a deer. I'll definitely get Y version assuming that's where I can catch it. Here's the original artwork of the two.
Wednesday happenings
We were supposed to take class but we ended up discussing what songs we should do for the upcoming shows which is also good, hopefully we have time to make it look good by then. Song choices were set, I like them and I hope others like them too. Also tried watermelon Gatorade today. It didn't really taste like watermelon nor Gatorade. I swear it's like Mizone. Afterwards was dinner at Eating World. I don't think I/we have eaten there in a long time. It also feels like a long time since everyone (well everyone as it can get) were all together to have said dinner. It was nice having a dinner like that again.
Three people are heading to Melbourne for a week starting tomorrow/Thursday. I wish them safe journey and an enjoyable week. The purpose of trips like this is to have fun together, hopefully by the end they'd be a little sad that their trip is over haha.
The Crossover 2, and other thingsPokemon X and Y
Holy crap I haven't been impressed/excited by a Pokemon game in a long time. What stands out is the fact that there pretty much isn't any 2D sprites both in battles or free roaming. Perhaps the only thing that could kill it for me is if the new Pokemon designs were crap like the ones in Black and White. That was pretty much the reason why I never opted for it. The starters look decent but not awesome. I actually have no idea who to start with, since they all look like viable choices (including grass muahaha). I'll probably cheat and see what they look like when they're fully evolved. However what caught my eye was the legendary Pokemon Yveltal (ee-vel-tall) which looks totally awesome. I like it much better than the other one Xerneas which looks like a deer. I'll definitely get Y version assuming that's where I can catch it. Here's the original artwork of the two.
![]() |
| Now that I think about it, it looks like a cross between Lugia and Groudon, my favourite legendaries in their respective versions. |
![]() |
| Are those swords for feet? |
Also here's my favourite fan artwork so far.
![]() |
| if the starters actually looked like this, I'd go for the water type. |
We were supposed to take class but we ended up discussing what songs we should do for the upcoming shows which is also good, hopefully we have time to make it look good by then. Song choices were set, I like them and I hope others like them too. Also tried watermelon Gatorade today. It didn't really taste like watermelon nor Gatorade. I swear it's like Mizone. Afterwards was dinner at Eating World. I don't think I/we have eaten there in a long time. It also feels like a long time since everyone (well everyone as it can get) were all together to have said dinner. It was nice having a dinner like that again.
Three people are heading to Melbourne for a week starting tomorrow/Thursday. I wish them safe journey and an enjoyable week. The purpose of trips like this is to have fun together, hopefully by the end they'd be a little sad that their trip is over haha.
I remember distinctly, when it was almost IJGK's time to perform on stage at Wesley, there were some of the kids who did kpop were telling each other that we were about to perform and that they really wanted to see it. Our performance wasn't the best, but by then I had realised that we had become something out of the ordinary.
Looking at it, we have something others don't, and I know some who would like to have something like we do. Kinda like how I would like to have peeps to mess around with videomaking with me. Not really that big of an epiphany but it does however give me new found motivation to work hard and not waste the time we have, and to do the best we can.
Recently heard about hate/criticism about us and what we do. I guess it's only fair since some of us (me included) are guilty of criticising other cover peoples who aren't great. But hopefully that's been happening less over time. If there are criticisms then good, we'll take it, and make ourselves better because of it. As for the second thing, I don't know why people would make a big deal out of it. It's not like this so called scene is going to grow bigger than theirs. People have their preferences and there should be a mutual respect for all. Real dancing or not, what happened to the freedom of doing what we love?
Anyways rants aside, 2011 and 2012 were filled with a lot of shows, from awesome to downright random cough-chineserestaurant-cough. Regardless I've had a great time doing all of them. And I'm not afraid of what the future holds.
A quote from Naruto Shippuden
To those who posess the Will of Fire, everyone is family. It is the desire to protect which strengthens our bonds. If this will is embraced by everyone, the village will be alright, no matter what happens.
A quote from Naruto Shippuden
To those who posess the Will of Fire, everyone is family. It is the desire to protect which strengthens our bonds. If this will is embraced by everyone, the village will be alright, no matter what happens.



No comments:
Post a Comment