Afterwards I went to the bus stop which I used to take to go to Parramatta. Luckily back then I didn't have to worry about which bus to take since all buses terminated at the terminal at Parra. And it still applied now. I took the next bus and got to Parra. Since I'm going to do some photo work soon, I decided to buy a new lens for my camera. I needed something for low light situations so I got the 50mm f/1.8 lens. The thing can't zoom in or out but that also means it can take generally nicer photos than zooms since they don't have all that extra parts. Also another thing is it's really wide aperture which is definitely good to catch more light in dark places like a theatre. It was also cheap, like the cheapest lens you could possibly buy. Not sure if that's a good thing actually. Now I need to do some practice shots, I suppose Friday will be good for doing that.
Walked home in the light rain, and pretty much spent the day reading everything I could about using my camera and all the functions. Turns out I need a program to work with all my photos and convert them from RAW to jpegs or something similar. I could use iPhoto but I feel like the program is doing more harm than good to my photos, which I previously used to work on the RAW photos I shot at Yuki's birthday when I forgot to set it to not shoot in RAW format. So far the two programs that I could use are either Apple's Aperture or Adobe's Lightroom. Aperture is cheaper I think but everyone seems to prefer the editing power of Lightroom. Sigh and I wanted to save money for upgrading my kit lens.
Guess that's all for today's blog. I should sleep. My sleep pattern is all over the place, especially when I was sick. After I had dinner I had a nap and I had no idea how long I slept. Perception of time is lost to me.
This episode looks promising.
No comments:
Post a Comment