Last Saturday was The Crossover 2 (or was it II?) which was real good, apart from finishing late, but that was no surprise. I actually wonder how early it would have been if it weren't for that certain someone lol. Showcases were good, I was in 3. Paradise and It's You was fun. Ages ago I wanted IJGK'd to do It's You mainly because it was a good song and we had the right numbers. I guess this was a good compromise. I had so many solos in that song and I was actually making stuff up during them. I haven't seen the video, and I don't feel like doing so anyway haha. The crew performance was good, despite sashes flying everywhere and it being our shortest routine, but hey we followed the rules! Popping routine (aka Beach Boogie) was full of fun, excitement and inspiration.
After we finished last minute practice Lay and Patrick shared their story of combining showcase because they weren't getting much students and didn't expect any to do showcase. If that actually happened they were going to finish showcases and teaching for good. They were surprised at how many people turned up for their showcase. The main point of their showcase was to teach us something, anything really. "Keeping the dance alive" is what they said, and that we should continue and one day teach the next generation. That really made me want to pick up my game and slack off anymore. I don't consider myself a popper, mainly because I can't do good enough hits or don't do enough practice for foundations. But that's going to change. I'm going to work on this style a lot, hopefully by the end of the year I will have improved somewhat.
Also on the way to Wesley with food, I bumped into Patrick and found out he actually knows about IJK'd and how cool it was that it was made by a bunch of people just from class.
Interesting additions to the show were added such as the video intros. It was like, beginning of the show then all of a sudden Jaye shows up with a laptop and wants this extra thing to be done, then we had to get the IT guy to enable switching the screen back and forth from the camera to the laptop. It was a bit messy (having to have the audience watch Windows 7 in action) and honestly it kinda got boring after a bit. Hopefully next time it'll be more streamlined.
Ever since youtube updated, it always glitches when I use my regular Safari, same problem when running google hangouts. Maybe it runs html6 or something. Anyways since it's all google I might just switch over completely to Chrome which I only use for uploading and using IJGK'd's youtube stuff.
By the way, google+ is awesome, chatting is so much better in hangouts. I really like the games and watching youtube together.
Time to talk about games and videos. Kinda late now so I'll just combine them haha. Far Cry 3 seems to be getting a lot of attention. It's pretty much "Skyrim with guns". I don't really feel like playing it but I do admit the characters are quite interesting. The villain in the game, Vaas, is one of those villains like The Joker from The Dark Knight. The voice actor for Vaas also plays him in the live action series they did in the lead up to the game's release.
No comments:
Post a Comment