“Self-control is self-mastery. It is kingship over all life. At the center of your being sits yourself. Your seat ought to be a throne. If you are not in control, if there are any forces in your nature that are unruly, that do not acknowledge your sway, you are not the king you should be. Part of your kingdom is in insurrection. The strength of your life is divided. The strong man is he whose whole being is subject to him.”I recently read this quote in an article about willpower. It made me realise how important it can be and how I can actually work towards it. Sometimes the first step is to acknowledge its presence. Now to go on from there.
I realise I haven't made a post in like, forever. I could make an excuse like too much uni work but that would be stupid since everyone else seems to have time and are doing fine. I guess it's just laziness on my end.
Uni's going okay, I suppose. I got my class test marks back for SCIF. Let's just say I didn't do awesome. That combined with huge amounts of homework and assignments is enough for anyone to hate it. However despite the random spectrum the course seems to cover, I wouldn't complain about it. I guess you could say it's a reminder of how it's not enough to just learn facts the other courses provides. If we're going to do something that isn't just done like the HSC then obviously we're going to do stuff outside our comfort zone. To the people who are bitching about this course constantly, I hope you never make it as doctors. Like hell I'd want people who get by with the minimum effort to become people who have lives in their hands for a living.
As everyone knows, I've been extremely sick lately, and it really sucks as assignments need to be done and exams are coming up so I don't really have much rest time. Sunday was audition day at Crossover for those doing Kpop summit. I got to the city at around 2pm and decided to eat lunch at Mappen. When I got to the studio, there was already a lot of people there practicing. After Jaye finished we set up studio 1 for auditions. Dan and Ellyn played judges while me and Yuki had the easiest job ever - camera operator and music player. What we didn't expect was the entire session lasting three hours. So much for our own rehearsals. After watching some of the good auditions, I wonder if our performance will be the same standards of how we expect theirs to be. I hope we can work towards it. It was also interesting watching people's body expressions. You could tell people who were nervous, attentive or just rude while the judges talked to them. Also people who want to do songs just because of how they're big fans of it without actually knowing the choreography properly shouldn't audition with it in the first place. It actually comes off as a selfish thing since you're clearly not doing it for the sake of entertaining others. It would have totally happened again for B.A.P if it wasn't already taken.
Afterwards was dinner at Eating World and then Karaoke at CEO. In hindsight I probably shouldn't have gone since I was sick and my voice was broken by the end of it. But it was a rare occasion and it was nice to do something recreational with the others.
Well I'm off to bed, hopefully I can finish my work tomorrow, since it is due Tuesday anyway.
Also it seems like literally everyone is playing Diablo III now. If it weren't for uni I would be playing it. But then again, catching up to others is going to suck. Well at least I could play with my brother. But won't be long till he also gets way ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment