Pages

Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Nothing's Sober

Last weekend was pretty eventful. Let's see if I can recall it all from the start.

I woke up an hour later than I should have which meant by the time I got to the city it would already be twelve which is when I was supposed to go to Wesley theatre to do stage rehearsal with Lay's group. Sorry to everyone in IJGK!

So I got off at Town Hall and thanks to experience I was able to know exactly where to go. I bumped into Justin at the front of Wesley and we went in to find Lay with Tao, Johann and Vincent. It was then our turn to rehearse and the floor was a bit rough which made sliding difficult so we had to compensate for that. A little while later, everyone from Crossover arrived an then IJGK's practice was up. I found it funny that Jaye made our music a file that wasn't an mp3. Also funny was that we thought the old version we were using turned out to be the latest one. After that was the Kpop course rehearsal. After that I was really tired since I didn't eat all that time.

So to fix the situation I decided to go quickly to eat at Mappen. I thought about going to McDonald's but I didn't want to eat something unhealthy and possibly make me sick later on. I ordered a large udon with an ontoma bowl and some tempura sweet potato. The meal was really filling and satisfying.

When I got back nothing much happened until later on when the show was about to start. I watched a few shows until 7:15PM when I had to go out and practice with Girls Are Stupid. At intermission, we did some more last minute practice. So the order for me was supposedly, Boyfriend/History/Party, then a song or two before doing Lay's showcase, then I Just Got K'd a bit after. What could possibly go wrong?

Getting ready for the my first performance of the night, I found out that Lay's showcase was right after this one and that my costume for it is completely different. There wasn't any way around it so my plan was to minimise the time to change my clothes and hope for the best. It was pretty funny actually. If you watch Boyfriend/History/Party you can see me off stage right during Party. I got changed and luckily Jaye was able to stall a bit by teaching more of the U-Turn routine to the audience. So thanks a bunch for that. Girls Are Stupid went off without a hitch, that's because girls are in fact stupid.

Soon after it was time for I Just Got K'd's showcase. Overall it was great, the crowd liked us and all. Though mistakes were definitely made especially on my behalf. I definitely won't be doing that mistake again! Also I think Warrior was done much better than MAMA. I also think maybe it wasn't the best song to end with, mainly because it goes from the high of Warrior's dance break to the first verse and chorus of MAMA which was low in comparison. Only the screaming part seemed to reset the equilibrium back to a high. I have no idea what I just said. Also despite comical moves such as spanking, it wasn't as cheer worthy as the performance at the Crossover. You know what I'm talking about.

Afterwards we got to relax and watch the rest of the show which involved the final battles and awesome showcases. Premature streamers were streamed and Devilicious once again blows everyone away with their amazing performance. Also I disagree, watching the practice isn't the same. The mood is set differently and they were giving their all into that final performance.

So concludes Upstaged 2012. The people started going home, and the people of Crossover headed over to Seoulria for the after party. Some of us stayed behind to do some cleaning. People can be so inconsiderate, leaving food garbage around when it clearly says not to bring food in. Well what's done is done and I managed to find the following items:

- Glow sticks (all given to Kelvin)
- An uneaten stick of gum
- A block of Hershey's chocolate still in its wrapper
- A lighter
- $2.65

That's a pretty good find if I say so myself. Though Kelvin got a toy car which I will forever envy. More voluntary labour was done and we were outside waiting for people to take the equipment away. Since the car was going to drive faster than we could walk, we told the girls who were still with us to head over to the party first. When the car arrived, me, Huy and Kelvin decided to race the car, with obligatory The Amazing Race commentary. Not only did we beat the car, apparently we got there before the girls did.

The place was really packed and most of just sat wherever. Me and Huy got invited to sit at Nancy, Aveline, Samantha and Terry's table, and eat their leftovers. Speaking of leftovers, that Shandy... Next time I will out eat you. I Just Got K'd managed to get their own table and Yuki ran away when it was time to drink. Jibbie however was the opposite. And turns out he's an interesting drunk.

We then went to Crossover for the night. We commandeered studio 4 where we just chilled and stuff. A ice cream run which turned into a 7/11 run because Gelatissimo was closed. MV's on Terry's iPad were watched and then we watched the rest of our showcases on the TV. I found a unoccupied couch and decided to relax on it. I ended up falling asleep for the rest of the night, which was lame because apparently I missed out on games and chats with the rest of the crew. It's almost as bad when I missed out on the reveal of jacket ship. Apparently things went down that night, so sad I missed out. What the hell happened?!

The day after we all got up and decided to go have breakfast, in the afternoon. We went to eat a cafe near World Square. We ate outside which was really cold. Afterwards we went back to Crossover where people were getting ready to watch The Avengers which made me sad cause I wanted to watch it, but I was going to watch it with my brother instead. I'll see it eventually. Decided to go back home and rest in my own home.

It felt weird training it home while it was still daylight. Mainly because I go home at night due to either uni or hanging out with the others during dance. I got home and instead of doing the natural thing and go straight to bed, I decided to watch the pilot episode of Sherlock. It was the same yet different to the actual first episode. I'm glad that the actual series was improved so much from the pilot. The pilot was interesting and had the same plot, but the style was noticeably different. Then came dinner and afterwards I went to take a long nap.

So this whole weekend was very interesting where no school work was done. Speaking of school work, I guess the mini break is over now, and now that it's post Upstaged, there's no events to prepare for anymore. Time to work on my studies. I suppose I should get into the exam mindset now as it'll probably make things easier in the long run, instead of leaving studies to the last minute.


This video was significant to me because when I was a kid I always thought a sword made of diamond would be the best cause you know, no other material can scratch diamond.

No comments:

Post a Comment