Pages

Sunday, 1 April 2012

Taemin Dorito



I could write about my uni week. But that would be incredibly tedious. So highlights:


I'm now behind my pre-labs so for my next lab I'll need to fill it out them before class on Monday.


Tuesday was our last BABS lab before having a break. So sad. Going to miss all the shenanigans.


In one of the maths lectures, the first half I was so sleepy until they started talking about coding messages which I instantly had the energy to pay the upmost attention. Funny how my brain works.


In Friday's math tutorial there's a person who sits next to me most of the time. Only today did we properly introduce each other. Though I already knew her name since she lent me her calculator this one time. I'm not a stalker, cause her name was easy to remember. Her name was Carmen and she gave me an asian cookie. Such a nice gesture.


I didn't do Sherlock, mainly because of Lay's showcase. But apparently he wasn't ready yet cause he was studying. He still needed to pick an song so class was just foundation stuff of moves that we'd be likely to use in showcase. Afterwards I watched the others do Sherlock. They didn't get to first chorus. Though the beginning was pretty good actually. I think too much effort was put in the beginning which is why not much got covered.


I'm starting to like Sherlock more because of one word (refer to above image). Also I find it all the more amusing that Taemin is wearing a poncho. If I ever perform Sherlock, I'm going throw doritos at people when it's Taemin's part.


Saturday was the anticipated live audition. We walked to this place which I will now refer to as Better EC. We had final practice on grass and afterwards we went our way to the studio.


What can I say about the other auditions? Speaking objectively as I can, I don't think the singers were that good. When they sang I didn't really feel the energy or emotion. They just sang. I mean if you want to wow people, incorporate body language into your words. Though my personal favourite was David and that other guy. I really liked when the guy sang Daesung's long note. But I think they should have picked a better song. They moved around pretty well and they had an alright presence.


In the dance section, the bboy group was cool, but the bboy parts were too generic, when you do bboy, you can only compare it to other bboys, and most of them do much better. Though the Jay Park part was good, since Jay is a bboy also. Of the dance crews, I think Project 4D and the bboy group were the best of out of them all. Notice how I didn't talk about IJGKd, that's because I'd be bias about it.


Afterwards we celebrated by forcing Ruby to skip studies and have dinner with us. We had Malaysian food which was pretty good. Afterwards others went to get yogurt. In this store, you had to pay by weight. Pretty sure there's a way to get the most amount of food using matrix equations, but that would mean actually doing math in real life.


For the first time since ever, I had a train ride home with people. (I sound like such a loner). Huy was playing an RPG and we were named after the characters. Reminded me of the time Kelvin and I were looking for MMO's to play. Sad that we didn't make it far with that. Dan suggested Runescape. Realistically that's actually the best we can do, since some of us either has running issues, or bad internet.


Instead of getting a lift home, I decided to walk home. Because I could feel more awake and think clearly. I glad I did cause on the way home there was fireworks nearby and I was able to look at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment