Since it wasn't my day I decided not to take part and just relax on the couches. Toby gave me and Elena a small lecture on the theory of dance which is supposed to apply to all styles including choreography. I still have the diagram he drew about music theory. Perhaps I should start building a scrapbook on theory.
I think there was a break between the two parade rehearsals but not sure what happened then. I think people went to get lunch and stuff. We also danced Crazy again (well we did it many times) and it still never gets old. We should definitely try to learn more of it.
Anyways it was time for everyone to meet up for the parade. Announcements were made and we got down to organising ourselves. My group brought orange fabric to accessorise themselves. It was pretty cool to see their enthusiasm. Final practices were done and my group went out for last minute food. We ended up going to Sussex centre. Went back to the studio then we all made our way to the meet up area at the Anzac Memorial.
After that we had to wait a really long time for the parade to start. It actually felt longer than the parade itself. I expected the parade to have been more tiring though we ended up moving more than stopping to actually dance. Footwork was basically impossible without looking like a sped. By the end we were all sweaty from parading. Luckily the weather wasn't too hot. We ended up going back to the studio to get our stuff and when we got there ice cream was present so a certain duo went nuts and hoarded a whole tub. After that was some jamming. MORE Crazy, past performances and other dances were done, with glow sticks. The effect was really cool. Pizza was had and I stayed until my last train.
Came home really sweaty so a cold shower was really nice. I then proceeded to go on computer and stay up till like 2:30.
Not knowing if my driver's lesson was postponed I had to wake up at 6:30am and get changed to be sure. I then got a call from my instructor saying that he did postpone it to 4:30pm today. Relieved, I changed back and went to sleep till 1:30pm.
edit: scratch that, the lesson got cancelled and is now tomorrow.
oh internet, you never cease to entertain me.
Victory is indeed sweet and it was fun while it lasted. Till next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment