The days before I left for home were okay. Adventures were had though they weren't as exciting as I hoped. By exciting I meant physically demanding and maybe even life threatening. By the end I was just tired and hoping to finish the trip soon. Oh wait, I forgot I didn't talk about my early days in Vietnam.
Okay rewinding, we arrived in Ho Cho Min City, we were greeted by our uncle and aunt. Last time I saw them was after I finished year 10. Honestly living in a place like this is tough, luckily we were staying with our uncle who lives in a lego shop. That's right, a lego shop. It was dinner time and we went out to eat. The restaurant we went to was alright, though I only ate like half the food. The menu however was extremely lulzworthy and couldn't resist taking a photo.
| When you see it... |
The days after were slightly dull, we were going to go to an island in a few days so we were pretty much chillin at my uncles. One day we went to an arcade where all the games were like the same price. Also I like to mention how weird the currency is here. The highest bill they have is like millions or something and its equivalent to like $25. Anyways I'm sure it's like that in other countries too. I saw a dance game similar to DDR but they were playing Shock. I knew I had to take a photo.
| A very bad photo. |
| land ahoy! |
We went from Ho Cho Min City to Singapore. By then I was feeling a bit better. Hot beverages were definitely more helpful than cold water. Though it didn't matter as I still needed more fluids anyway. If I was to meet up with the others I would have to either go straight from the airport or go home and then get to the city by train. However I didn't bring a backpack or my track pants or red clothes so I really had no choice but to choose the latter option. Also I smelled, so I needed a shower too.
On the way to Sydney, instead of doing the sane thing and sleep, I watched movies instead. I watched Real Steel which I've been meaning to watch but missed it at the cinemas. It was good. I loved the music especially at the end. It really captured the moment of the final round. Then I watched Puss and Boots. Egh.
Sunday
So we arrived in Sydney at 10:30ish which was good. Though the baggage took forever to collect. It doesn't happen in other airports, huh Sydney? I worked out that if I was to make rehearsals I would have to get home shower and get my stuff real quick. We got home and we were excited to see our pet bird after so long (during holidays we looked at our bird photos and talked about how much we missed him). I was the first one to go inside from the back to open the front door. My grandmother was home and as I was heading to the front door I called out for my parrot. But then my grandmother said in broken english with an almost crying voice that Abi was gone.
"No. No." I thought. This couldn't be happening. I started yelling at the house but nothing. I immediately opened the front door and told the rest of my family what just happened. They were shocked. My mother was devastated. Four days ago, when Abi was at the backyard obviously due to my grandmother was, he managed to fly away. Conflict of emotions erupted from sadness to anger at my grandmother and fear of what happened to our 1 year old bird. As for me, it was tragic, but the emotions didn't get to me. I was alright, at least I could be strong for my mother. My dad left the house, most likely to search around. I decided that right now there was nothing I could do. I showered and packed and told my mum that I was going out. At least she wouldn't have to worry about taking care for me as I would have dinner on my own.
I caught the train. I worked out that I was going to be a few minutes late. That was alright I would just have to skip warmups and early stuff. Besides I had already practiced Maximum in my hotel room at night once or twice. The train ride was mostly me thinking what I could possibly do to find our parrot. Four days is a long time. Anything could've happened. I planned to make posters when I got home. As I got closer to the city I put my thoughts away since I was going to see people from IJGK who I have missed so much. On the way to Goulburn I noticed a new Meet Fresh. That was interesting. When I got up to the studio I saw that the kpop class was still doing warmups. That was great, I didn't have to miss anything. By the time I got changed they were done and just resting. I popped in to their surprise I think, but yeah it was good to see them after what felt like so long. Kelvin got me presents, one of them was a cool mini duck roller coaster thing. I was pleasantly surprised. The other was my USB. Yes, MY USB. So we got to rehearsing/learning since it was an actual class.
Afterwards we went to Jibbie's place to sign gifts for Jaye's birthday. I got to see what Jibbie was making and I must say I was really impressed. While we were there I got a text on my phone. It was from my dad saying that we have our bird back. Surprised, I immediately went to call him and ask him what happened. My dad went around the neighbourhood asking if they saw our parrot. Luckily he found the person who found our bird in his backyard, but one of their relatives was holding it in their house. So he and my dad travelled to his house and took our bird home. I was really relieved. Now I didn't have anything to worry about. Well mostly anything. We went to Jaye's party at near Darling Harbour. It was quite fun. Kelvin and Huy insisted I get a drink despite my previous illness. Such good friends. Then came the rain and me and Kelvin decided to do Kpop dances that had rain in it. It wasn't a good idea. We were then joined by Elena and Whitney and together we got drenched. What a way to celebrate Jaye's birthday. Though I don't think Jaye knew we did it. On the way home the train had air conditioning and I was really cold but whatever, I wasn't going to die, just suffer really badly. This stuff is good since it's bracing.
Wednesday
So today class was going to be a special cpop class. During warmups I noticed something different. Sit ups were unbelievably easy for me. The thing was, during my days in Singapore, every night I did sit ups. Like an entire song of sit ups. Sometimes a bit more. It was then I realised that I have improved noticeably in terms of sit ups. The feeling was awesome. Especially when Jaye did a harder version of sit ups. We did class and I thought the dance was cool. When I got home I decided to spend my time trying to learn it and keep it in my head. I even looked up a little on the dance break.
Thursday
An unusual day, since we hardly ever meet up on Thursdays. We ended up doing practice on the parade performance, Troublemaker, Maximum and Only You. We practiced a lot. Though to me I expected nothing less. It was good.
So that's about it for now. I'm really tired. Though I have this to say. For Only You, the parts between the choruses and stuff look really easy. If we learned the pre-chorus we could pretty much do the whole song. A full cover perhaps?
No comments:
Post a Comment